Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Up early this Sunday morning, looking for a fresh start to the week.
I took a long term sub position in music , don't worry K-3, along with guidance from the other music teacher. We are preparing the 2 nd grade for their spring program, what fun to put on a different hat .
This affords me the time and $ to set up my studio. I saved enough to treat my self to a new easel along with a few odds and ends. On my list is appropriate lighting, ventilation and a large roll of linen.
Lighting is another large expense. I'm very lucky to have a handy husband who loves to tinker and research. And the search begins.
Any thoughts?
Well..... Mom is doing well , we celebrated 97 a few weeks ago, we look forward to our visits. She is looking forward to seeing more paintings, it will happen soon . I have a long weekend coming up which I plan to snag a few days for myself , now that they are finished sandblasting the other studios. ( I'm still cleaning up) unfortunately my walls are not as pristine as I would like. I will need to repaint in spring. (ugh).
I used a feather duster duck taped to a extendable painting stick to dust the fine sand from the walls, shaking it out the window every couple of wipes. Reminding you that it is 3 or 4 degrees, maybe 11 when I opened the window. Yep! Cold!
Hopefully I can get in before the long weekend to gesso , if not , perfect time to experiment with the clear grasped linen I bought( for half price) not real happy with the support, a frame will help along with a key or two.
Please , pray , send well wishes peacefulness and Heath to my family especially my 17 year old.
Keep us close in your hearts.

No comments: