Translate

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Workshop with David Laffel

Before break, I struggled with the near to far and the angel of the bench.
He was pretty much satisfied with Leslie's and my set up. Just a few minor adjustments, take some of the leaves off .
I used the inner glow panels, which I like very much. A nice change from the #15 clausen I have been using .
The people at Inner Glow were available to take my order after closing and shipped it to my location after a slight miss communication .
If you like a slick surface to paint on being 1/2 in thick they are sure not to warp.
True to form, I broke out in a sweat and became frustrated with my paints my self and the surface.
After all these years I still feel inadequate, self conscious ..... The whole ball of wax.
I couldn't get the paint to flow properly , it wouldn't stick......this has been a problem for a while. I thought it was the #15 that was the problem , or to much medium. It's not enough paint!
Well I will see this after noon when we paint. I had time to put an under painting on.
The picture your looking at was taken at break time , I had already moved the vase closer to the crock and more forward , still looks awkward , but remember the branch needs to go in.

No comments: