Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art Thread

I just returned from our every Wednesday night meeting after a long break for me.
Welcomed in open arms

Wednesdays came into existence , when invited to attend a group that was put together by a woman outside my studio.
Hearing banging and giggles coming from the walls in my studio, Ah! volunteers are here, hanging outside my studio for the upcoming 4th Friday.
Music to my ears. 4th Fridays a juried show , genius idea, I must say so my self. Traffic through my studio and artists friends come to hang out.
Wonderful happy artists, helping other artists sharing their time and talents.
I just new from their energy that we would be friends, a strong spiritual connection, a true connection of kinder spirits. Searching for something that is not clear.
I was invited shortly after to attend marketing meetings based on a book titled "Id rather be in the studio."
I had the book, had read most of it over the summer, decided, hey this will be great.
But yet another thing to take me away from doing what I should be doing. Making Art.?
I took the chance for friendship.Tired most Wednesday evening, I made the commitment , and the company was inspiring.
Anxious to see what everyone was up to, I had a few drawings that I didn't bring. I have spent the last month catching up on the stack of books next to my bed along with a long list of movies.
Sleeping, healing.
My little group that has no name, Angela Swans house I guess I can call it. Always inspires and energizes me.
Hears to my new found friends, I raise a cup of Green Tea and delicious soda bread, Hears to you all for being there, caring what happens, for all your wonderful ideas , artwork and compassion for life and all it has to offer.
Best to you
Be happy, healthy and Peaceful
mb

No comments: