Translate

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Door County Plein Air Event.

Home and exhausted. I drove thru bucks of rain all the way up to Door County Friday. Didn't sleep well knowing that the quick paint was going to be a major challenge for me. 
I didnt eat most of the day, Breakfast was a Hot Coffee, ( so Cold outside ) and yogurt. I new I had to have some protein. Lunch was provided, nothing for vegetarians. I had water, skipped the chips. Framed dropped off work, went to the hotel, walked around looking for potential areas to paint . Devoured an apple while taking pictures at every turn, looking for potential winter studio work. 
The evening event was great. walls full of exceptional painting from the 40 + invited artists and the tent full of Quick Paints, from the morning dock paint. Full of brave souls standing out in the tent showing all. Fabulous, just think about all those people looking at your work, and all the comments from people passing by with encouraging remarks. So impressed with the Door County Painting event, I plan to attend all the events next year. Seeing the artists work, I would have loved to have watched them paint, absorbing their years of expertise at work

No comments: