Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Oil 6x8 on panel fast 30 min or less maybe a little more

Brookdale Conservation Area, McHenry County, IL, a cold March day, sometime in March , funny geese landing on the lake using tails as a rudder

Lake Michigan in Milwaukee, WI, 41 degrees

Brookdale Conservation Area, McHenry County, IL 4/18 

My goal was to go out prepared, make definitive decisions on composition & color, not over think things, not bring my whole studio with me and paint everything I see,  and yes, that would include the garbage can.
Plein air painting has been a real struggle for me, my attention is almost non, I'm running with the clouds if they are racing or a hawk if it is stalking its pray, anything happening, I'm observering it, feeling it. 
I'm extremely sensitive to my surroundings. 
I go into overdrive. 
When I went to Jill Carver's workshop in Colorado and the aspens were in full color -- ha -- super overdrive. You guessed it, I was quaking with them. 
My whole body……….
Talk about Spiritual …….the other students thought I was 'round the bend. And some probably still think so.
It takes me awhile to drink it all in. I want it to be that way, nature is so awesome. 
I love it as much as I love painting people. Maybe more on some days.
I hope I never shut down. 


 Brookdale Conservation Area, McHenry County, IL
 Brookdale Conservation Area McHenry County, IL

 Jerry Conservation area in Woodstock, Il. 4/ 1





No comments: