Translate

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Love painting in my studio when it's raining outside.

Another glorious day of painting.
I found an old canvas, my second still life I painted.
My first was in college, acrylic on paper as an under grad at SIU in photography.
I had wanted to combine my photography with painting and drawing. At the time it was not allowed. So I would change majors every semester.
Yea I never graduated from SIU, even having enough hours for a masters.
But I did discover my love for painting.
I thought it was sinful, so indulgent , so fun.
To much fun, this couldn't be work, I continued with photography, lead me to FAU the SAIC for film / animation and drawing using pastels. BFA
My final film at Sheridan college in oakvile, Canada ( international college of classical animation) more self punishment. ( but so worth it to see your drawings move) I do miss it.
I rediscovered that thing called painting. im finally doing it.
Anyway I found the 2 nd still life I ever did. 1 st one was in 1976 this one was 1990s I hate to cover it but, I need the canvas.
This is the old, and the new that is going on top.

No comments: