Translate

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

" oil painting" today

Set out to paint the Woodstock market.
I must of turned off my alarm? I'm behind an 1 hour or so from my schedule.
Then!
Road Construction , that time if year, I know I will appreciate it when the snow flys.
Listening to my favorite classical music in the thoughts to sooth my frantic self.
When I arrive my luck changes , a parking space, right in front of the outdoor seating, no need to put the top up on the Smart.
Had breakfast at Starbucks with some fiber friends, thought maybe they might be there.
Fun catching up on our lives.
We are around the same age, all have one parent left in various stages of aging.
Head over to the square, find Jennifer , whom I have been documenting for a few years.
More photos than paintings at this time. Sold some to help with the rent and to be honest the longer it goes on the better my paintings are.
Anyway, much to my surprise they are having a Purple Heart dedication celebration of life services.
At that point I decided just to photograph , I need practice painting from photos.
Tears for those who served and wounded and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice .
I'm against war, but it's a reality that we need these men and women.
Thank You for your dedication and service.
My thoughts and prayers are with those no longer with us.
My Uncle Clem who I never met is always in my heart!

I went back to my studio, worked on Alma, a dear, dear woman who works for Jen.

No comments: