Translate

Monday, April 8, 2013

Drawing for painting

The Palette had a workshop , model was hired. We didn't want to cancel on her.
So Mary set us up in the Gallery.
I loved the pose , some found it difficult to paint , lots of light that we are not use to.
Which I loved, well , I guess I will find out when I start to paint from the photos taken
Deciding last might to take graphite pencils . I had no idea where Mary s choice would be.
It was a given that it would be indoors , considering the pouring rain.
Once again faced with that large white piece of paper. I set out to create a drawing that I could fool with , a study for a larger painting.
I was gifted a large roll of cotton canvas , delighted and thankful. ( Dawn) my hero!
I have large canvas stretcher bars That finally have enough material to cover them.
This drawing hopefully will end up being a 3 x5 foot painting. Or larger.
Nervously approaching this challenge

2 comments:

+ kathleen said...

Looking good so far!

+ kathleen said...

Looking good so far!