Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tuesday

Have a doctors appointment downtown, going to make the best of it.
Art Institute or paint. Maybe draw.
Making use of the now expensive train ride.
It's cheaper to drive my Smart car, but once you figure in the parking fee, miles put on the engine, not to mention the tires.
The only option is to train it.
Last night after I put my painting cloths in the washer. I started a search for recipes for mediums.
I'm more confused then ever.
I copied as many as I could into my note pad for discussion with painting friends. I'm interested in their experience, expertise .
In business it's called " institutional memory "
Maybe that's what has happened to oil painting.
Oil painting not being used to its full potential. Maybe we forget, or are not aware of its capabilities .
Or chose to ignore the rich heritage that comes with each tube of paint, medium and the threads that make up the surface .
Interesting , could be an analogy for our society.
Reflection of our society.

No comments: