Translate

Friday, September 4, 2015

Taking time , enjoying some quick painting

Painting in the outdoors is the best!
I'm so happy that a fellow painter at the Palette and chisel said at break," hey you should Plein Air paint.
I rolled my eyes, who wants to paint outside, I'm there to enjoy the outdoors not paint. 
Well , hmmm I thought about when a friend suggested we take a still life class .
How invigorating that was.
I truly understud what my friend was taking about when she compared skin to flowers .
Wow!
I have been hooked , not one to follow the crowd , but this, this painting outside with nature, living creatures, living earth.
I have a whole new respect.
Man I thought I enjoyed the outdoors before.
Ha! Wow!
As far as helping my studio work, I'm pretty sure I see and feel things differently.
I compare it much to drawing from life.
You gain a much broader understanding of light value form. And color. I can't stress enough how much one can learn from varying your art studies
My weekly studio practice is life drawing everyday and painting in some form with weekly if not more Plein Air.
I'm still carrying my studio with me outdoors, Lol , I'm slowly learning to limit my palette. 
Today I went back to using the Lein Air view finder just to see if I was seeing correctly.
In doing so I'm thinking I might do a few Notans this weekend.
Have a fabulous weekend, be safe

No comments: