Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Happy to have new followers, Welcome.
I am presently recovering from a hysterectomy, had high expectations for a rapid recovery.
Not so.
Missed the open for Real People 09 a National Juried show, for which I have been co-chairman and chairman for the past two years -- this has been both exciting and exhausting.
Time to pass the baton.
While resting, I've had time to catch up on much needed rest along with the opportunity to
enjoy art history, blogs, facebook, twitter, drawing (ha ha) and attempted to give myself a manicure. Signed up for a city scape workshop with Scott Tallman Powers, looking forward to seeing Scott again and painting in Chicago with my friend Nanette. All the while following Doctor's Orders.
I hope to be in my studio this weekend with my husband, directing him with the changes that I have in my brain. (Always a danger). Terry is a good sport. (hubby)
And next week to paint.
The time has been perfect for reflection, on my work and my life. Conclusions being that I need to stop over thinking, free myself from self sabotage...more experimentation in the studio along with more time.
I have become increasingly interested in the movement Daily Painters, for the simple reason to improve my painting. Doing the same with drawing...I feel that one needs to know how to draw to paint, not everyone agrees with that statement.
This year I have been invited to be a visiting artist for 2nd grade. I'm thrilled and will start in October. In the past I have done a variation on a workshop that I had the pleasure of being part of at the National Film Board of Canada. Currently investigating the use of award winning books with the art.

No comments: